Naturopathic doctors are primary health care professionals who are dedicated to helping you achieve your optimal health.
Naturopathic medicine is a distinct system of primary health care that uses natural and non-invasive therapies to promote the body’s ability to heal itself on all levels. The most important goals of naturopathic medicine are to discover and treat the root causes of disease, to promote optimal health and to prevent illness.
Virtually all chronic and most acute health conditions may be successfully treated with Naturopathic Medicine:
- Allergies and asthma
- Anxiety and depression
- Autoimmune conditions
- Gastrointestinal disorders
- High cholesterol and blood pressure
- Menís Health
- Pediatric conditions
- Skin conditions
- Thyroid conditions
- Weight management
- Womenís health
ďIt is more important to know what patient has the disease than to know what disease the patient has." - Hippocrates
- Customized detoxification
- Nutritional analysis and counseling
- Salivary hormone assessment and correction
- Heavy metal assessment and correction
- Food allergy testing and correction
- Functional digestive testing and correction (Comprehensive Stool analysis)
- Hair, Urine, Blood and Saliva analysis
- Candida Testing
Principles of Naturopathy
The strength and uniqueness of naturopathic medicine is founded on six principles:
- Support the healing power of nature: The body has an incredible ability to heal itself when the obstacles to cure are removed and the optimal healing environment is provided.
- Identify and treat the causes: In order to produce long-term healing, itís better to diagnose and remove the underlying causes of illness than to temporarily treat the symptoms of disease.
- First, do no harm: Safe, effective natural medicines are used that have a minimal risk of harmful side effects.
- Treat the whole person: Naturopathic doctors assess all of the physical, mental, emotional and environmental factors that are contributing to the current state of health.
- Emphasize prevention: Future illnesses can be prevented by carefully assessing current risk factors and making appropriate changes.
- Doctor as Teacher: Naturopathic doctors openly share knowledge with their patients and encourage active participation in achieving optimal health goals.